Why you should be at the ASCL Conference for Business Leaders
Share this Article
On May 16th, the Hilton Birmingham Metropole will host the 2017 Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL) conference for business leaders. This promises to be an invaluable opportunity for business professionals in education to discuss strategies to adapt to an evolving education landscape.
Zenergi is sponsoring the ASCL conference this year, as we have for several years, and heartily encourage those in the sector to attend. Here are our top reasons you should book now!
Network with other professionals and develop strategies
The educational landscape is going through an ongoing structural change, and the ASCL Conference of Business Leaders is bringing together people from both the business and political sides of the industry. You can explore and discuss strategies to adapt to this structural change and also share viable sustainability options to address challenges facing the industry.
This year, once again, Zenergi will be hosting an informal networking event in the evening prior to the event (May 15th), which has become an integral and popular part of the day. It’s a great space for mingling and conversing with like-minded people in similar situations. We hope to see you there!
Incredible keynote speakers
The conference also provides you with some unique learning opportunities with presentations from some influential players in the industry. This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Nick Gibb – the Minister of State for School Standards (representing the government)
- Sian Carr – ASCL President
- Malcolm Trobe CBE – ASCL Interim General Secretary
- Val Andrew – ASCL Business Leadership Specialist
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson – former paralympic athlete, parliamentarian,
Each brings their own perspective and professional expertise to the presentations, so prepare for a combination of strategic command, government insight, specialist thinking and inspirational wit.
Once again, the event will be holding workshops for attendees. This year the focus is on the future – the theme being ‘next generation challenges’ – but workshops will address a variety of subjects. Topics include:
- School Business Leaders’ guide to due diligence
- Incremental growth of the business functions with developing MATs
- Opening a new school – where to start and what is the process?
- Governance issues every SBL needs to know in growing MAT
- Building and managing the right team(s)
- Timetabling – what every SBL needs to know
- Harnessing technology to improve productivity
And there are many, many more than what we’ve included here. The programme provides you with a detailed list of what’s happening and when, so we recommend checking it out!
Who doesn’t love breakfast?? It’s served from 8am and, as an added benefit, just after breakfast – as the conference opens – there will be music provided by a local school. What a nice start to the day!
The advantages for the event expand further than the above points – the experience and learning opportunities are incredibly valuable. Attendance is £260 +VAT, or £230 +VAT for ASCL members. Find out more about joining the ASCL here to learn of the other benefits of being a member.