Call us on 023 8028 6300 or email us contact us

Display Energy Certificate (DEC)

We can provide you a Display Energy Certificate.

As part of the carbon reduction scheme, buildings over 500m2 which are occupied by public authorities or institutions providing a public service to a large number of persons require a Display Energy Certificate (DEC).

To obtain a DEC, an assessment of your buildings needs to take place. The DEC measures the operational efficiency of your building taking into account the type of building and the actual energy consumption over a 12 month period.

Your buildings will be rated ‘A-G’ with ‘A’ demonstrating high-energy efficiency and ‘G’ low efficiency, similar to the ratings given to electrical appliances. Following the assessment, you will be issued the Display Energy Certificate, which must be displayed in a publicly visible place, to help create a greater awareness of energy efficiency.

As well as organising the DEC, legally you will need an Advisory Report that calculates how much energy you use, where it is used, and where you can reduce energy usage and save money. The report will also indicate potential opportunities to improve the energy rating of the building along with example pay back periods. DEC’s are currently valid for 12 months and must be renewed on an annual basis, while the Advisory Report lasts for 7 years.